Bispham, Blackpool is where the tower is located. The water tower was built in 1931 for the Fylde Water Board; it is made of reinforced concrete, faced with precast concrete blocks and has a reinforced concrete roof.
The two reservoirs form part of the Blackpool area distribution system and there is an electrically driven pump which delivers the water to the tank from the reservoir. The water tower stands out from the houses all around.
It is 7.31 metres deep and 37.5 metres above ground level. The function of the water tower is to supply and maintain a high pressure of water to Blackpool’s dense town centre and high rise areas. The tank is 7.62 metres high and can hold 114000 cubic metres of water.