A former Congregational Church now a United Reformed Church located on Poulton Street, Kirkham, built in 1896 to a design by Briggs & Wolstenholme in a fusion of Gothic revival and Romanesque styles and extended to the rear in 1995. The church is built in rock-faced sandstone with sandstone dressings beneath a slate roof while the rear extension is built in brick with sandstone dressings.
The Poulton Street elevation is of three bays with matching round-arched doorways in each of the end bays and a central bay with three round-arched windows to the ground floor, above which is a large and elaborate window with bar tracery beneath a round arch. The central bay finishes in a gable topped by a ball finial. The left bay consists of a tower that is buttressed at its lower half and has a long narrow window above the door and a belfry above that. A tall steeple rises from the tower and both the upper part of the tower and the steeple are executed in ashlar.
The west elevation has the tower at the right end, a buttressed nave with three tall and narrow round-headed windows, a transept with a large window with bar tracery flanked by narrow windows all of which are round-headed, and a short two-storey bay at the left end with a door to the ground floor and a cambered-arched window to the upper floor. A modern brick-built extension is attached to the left end of the west elevation.
The north elevation has a gable chimney stack but is largely obscured by a large, modern attached single-storey extension with a basement. The extension is not of special interest and is not included in the designation.
The east elevation has a transept and nave matching that on the west elevation and terminates at its south end in an octagonal staircase tower that projects to eaves height.
Text above taken from: http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk